In collaboration with The Jerry Springer Podcast, Music2Life invites socially conscious musicians of all genres in the greater Cincinnati region to share their issue-driven songs and social change project ideas.
Music2Life was founded to build activism through music. They work with organizations and artists around the country to facilitate new ways in which music can impact the issues of our time. Artists they work with have created music videos and anthems for nonprofits, helped design transformative gatherings, or become artists-in-residence; they have facilitated songwriting workshops for veterans and women in prison, developed music-based environmental curriculum, and created “coming out” operas with LGBTQIA teens. Music2Life connects these artists with performance, funding and partnership opportunities and supports their creative ideas.
If you want to see your work do good in your community, go to the Music2Life Facebook page, click on Events and apply for the Cincinnati Activist Musician Talent Search. You could earn up to $8000, plus technical support, to help a worthy Cincinnati non-profit of your choosing. Fill out the short video application for the Cincinnati Activist Musician Talent Search. The deadline is February 11th!
- Cash prizes (up to $8k) including networking, educational and performance opportunities
- Grand prize includes assistance to build a music-based alliance or program in your Cincinnati community
- Review panel includes:
- Noel Paul Stookey - Peter, Paul & Mary
- Jerry Springer - The Jerry Springer Podcast
- William Bootsy Collins - The Master of Funk
- Edward Sawicki - President of the Cincy Blues Society
- Courtney Phenicie, Editor in Chief of CincyMusic
- Clara Stryker - Inhailer Radio
- Just Ash - WIZF- FM