"The vogue ballroom culture is defined by its celebration of femininity in the African American transgender community, with roots dating back to the Harlem Renaissance. It resonates with the Baroque period. I create a path to explore juxtapositions between Baroque music and urban ballroom culture of vogue, and the street culture of marching bands. I will combine the CSO and performance artists from Paris, Baltimore and Cincinnati—to ultimately transform the concert form, and the stage into an area of accidental proximity." —Frédéric Nauczyciel
- The title of this program translates loosely as "Be oneself, together."
- Artists and audience share the same space—the stage at Music Hall.
- Elements of dance by House of HMU highlight the music.
- Shorter, intermission-less performance.
- Newcomers are welcome here. Bring in your drink and settle in.
This production includes mature content and is recommended for ages 12+.