• Review

A co-worker is a big Hail The Sun fan. I told her that I hadn’t listened to them yet, and had no intention to do so, as it’s been awhile since I’ve gone into a show cold, with little or no knowledge of one of the bands performing. And I asked her to explain them to me, why she liked them.

Upcoming Shows

All Shows 

Blog

All Articles 
  • Preview
  • Festival

Noname Commands Respect at MPMF 

Noname (born Fatima Warner) hails from Chicago, IL. She is a poet and hip-hop recording artist. While she has been performing since 2010, it was in 2013 when she appeared on Chance the Rapper’s mixtape Acid Rap, that brought her into the limelight.

• Preview

Room For Zero Release EP 

A four-piece east-ender rock band have not only discovered their charismatic, British rock-like, sound, but give their audience a new experience by infusing an excess amount of energy and electrifying solos in to their live performances, which brings their fans back to a better time in rock-n-roll.

2017 DevouGrass Music & Arts Festival 

The DevouGrass Music and Arts Festival is a daylong music, food, and arts festival hosted in Covington’s Devou Park. The free event, held at the Devou Park Bandshell features live bluegrass music, children’s activities, bike races, gourmet food trucks, arts and crafts, and much more.

• Review

Taking Back Sunday: No Nostalgia 

I honestly thought the highlight of the night was going to be getting to see Every Time I Die play new tracks from Low Teens, one of the best heavy albums to come out in the past half-decade and a personal favorite album from last year. I hadn’t actively listened to Taking Back Sunday for probably that whole half decade or so, much to my chagrin.

• Review
  • Festival

Review: MidPoint Music Festival 

This past weekend, Midpoint Music Festival took place inside of the Taft Theatre and Masonic Center in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. The venue change gave the festival a very different feeling compared to the outdoor location in Over the Rhine where Band of Horses headlined last year. The Taft Theatre / Masonic Center featured unique historical architecture that gave attendees a more refined experience and provided a centralized location for the many bands to showcase their music. Going to this festival gave me the feeling of a classy night out to the ballet or opera and exploring the different ball rooms was an adventure in its self.

• Review

Hail The Sun - Progress is Progress(ive), A Live Show Review 

A co-worker is a big Hail The Sun fan. I told her that I hadn’t listened to them yet, and had no intention to do so, as it’s been awhile since I’ve gone into a show cold, with little or no knowledge of one of the bands performing. And I asked her to explain them to me, why she liked them.

• Preview

Roanoke Bring Timeless to SGHR 

Roanoke is a rising Folk/Americana band based out of Nashville, TN. They are headed to The Southgate House Revival with Warrick and Ben Knight on Sunday, October 8th!

• Review

Review: Sylvan Esso 

We last saw Sylvan Esso at MidPoint Music Festival in 2015, where many thought it was easily the highlight of the festival. Last night, Sylvan Esso and Helado Negro played to a sold-out crowd at Bogart’s.